- Start Here
- About MWC
- Sponsor/ Partner
- See & Do
- Industry Segments & Trends
- App Planet
- Global Mobile Awards
- 4 Years From Now
- Mobile Entertainment @ The MMIX
- Garmin Healthband Challenge
- Connected Women Summit
- GSMA Seminars
- Ministerial Programme
- Industry News
- Partner Programmes
- AllSeen Alliance
- Gamelab Mobile
- Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
- Juniper Networks
- LTE Forum
- McCann Worldgroup
- Mobile Access = Engagement = Revenues
- Mobile Media Summit
- Mobile Security Forum
- NAB Show Collaborative
- Power Hours
- Schneider Electric
- Taiwan Excellence
- Training Programmes
- Already Registered?
- Mobile Explorers Club
Practical tips to help you stay safe and enjoy Barcelona
Barcelona is a safe city. However, while you are here we suggest you take the common sense precautions as you would when visiting any major city:
- Always remove your Congress pass upon leaving the venue
- Do not display large amounts of cash; carry only as much as you need
- Keep your personal belongings with you, both inside and outside the venue
- Be vigilant in crowds, restaurants and on public transportation; watch out for people creating distractions and diversions
- When walking around the city, know how to get to your destination in advance so you appear confident in where you are going.
In the event of an incident
If you are involved in any incident, whether onsite or while in the city:
- Call +34 900 77 2015, a free 24-hour Security Service telephone number for assistance and information during the event days. This service covers the entire city of Barcelona (not just the event venue). The number appears on the back of your pass.
- For your convenience we have teams on motorcycles available to travel to wherever you are and offer personal assistance by accompanying you to the nearest police station, with completing any paperwork needed to report an incident, replacing your documentation and cancelling your credit cards.
- Visit the Police stations inside the venue. Here you may seek help, report incidents and retrieve lost items. The Police Station is located in the South Entrance Building.
Reporting incidents helps the city fight petty crime.
Carry Photo Identification
Photo ID checks are performed during the event days each time you enter the venue. Make sure you carry photo ID with you at all times. Identification documents MUST show your name in a Latin alphabet (no Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Arabic characters) and match the name on your pass.
Don’t forget to use your NFC / Digital Badge which will enable you to enjoy ease-of-access during MWC, passing through dedicated NFC / Digital Badge entrance lanes at the North and South Entrances without having to repeatedly show photo ID – you will only need to show official photo ID once to collect your printed badge and to validate your NFC / Digital Badge photo. For more information on how to use the NFC / Digital Badge click here.
Note, the NFC / Digital Badge does not replace the printed badge. You must wear your printed badge onsite at all times.
Accepted forms of Photo ID
- National ID card
- Driving licence with picture
- NFC / Digital Badge in green status (validated photo)
Not accepted as Photo ID
- Student ID cards
- Photocopies of passports or ID cards
- Library cards
- Credit Cards with picture
- Business cards with picture
While you will need a valid from of photo ID on your person to access the event, we advise where possible to leave at least one other form of photo ID (i.e. driving licence) and a credit card in the safety deposit box at your hotel. By doing so, you will still have access to money and identification in the event of an emergency.
For an informative and interactive look at public safety and security matters around Fira Gran Via, we encourage you to download this app (link), created by the L’Hospitalet police. Designed for citizens and area visitors, the app provides instant, direct communication with police in the case of an incident, advises of local safety alerts, and provides users with tips on how to stay safe while traveling. (Android only)