- Start Here
- About MWC
- Sponsor/ Partner
- See & Do
- Industry Segments & Trends
- App Planet
- Global Mobile Awards
- 4 Years From Now
- Don’t Miss
- GSMA Seminars
- Industry News
- Partner Programmes
- AirWatch by VMware
- AllSeen Alliance
- ESL Arena
- Gamelab Mobile
- Good Technology
- Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
- Juniper Networks
- LTE Forum
- McCann Worldgroup
- Mobile Access = Engagement = Revenues
- Mobile Media Summit
- Mobile Security Forum presented by AVG
- NAB Show Collaborative
- Power Hours
- Schneider Electric
- Taiwan Excellence
- Training Programmes
- GSMA Programmes
Reaching Fira Gran Via
Discover the quickest ways to reach Fira Gran Via. Reliable and convenient, our recommended transportation options can be found here.
An Onsite Transport Information Point will be located in the South Entrance of Fira Gran Via. Here you can seek information regarding Public Transportation.
- 09:00 to 20:00 – Monday to Wednesday
- 09:00 to 16:00 – Thursday
Free Transport Passes
All MWC attendees will receive a free transportation pass valid for the four event days (Monday-Thursday).
Free Transport Pass Details
- If you are going to use Public Transport remember to pick up your free transport pass when picking up event badges at all registration locations during the weekend prior to the event, as well as at the transport pass desk in the South Entrance of Fira Gran Via, from Monday to Thursday.
- The transport pass is valid for unlimited combined journeys using any means of transport within Zone 1 (includes Barcelona city and Fira Gran Via), using Metro, Bus and Train systems.
- One Free Public Transport Pass per attendee. In the event of loss or damage, replacements will not be provided.
- The transport pass will be distributed at the following locations:
— Friday, Saturday and Sunday – at the Airport registration (Terminal 1 & Terminal 2), Hall 1 registration in Gran Via, Hall 8 registration in Gran Via
— Monday to Thursday – at the Transport Pass Collection Point in the South Entrance.
- For any questions regarding the Free Transport Pass please visit the Transport Pass Collection Point in the South Entrance of Fira Gran Via. The desk will be staffed the following hours:
— 09:00 to 20:00 – Monday to Wednesday
— 09:00 to 16:00 – Thursday
By Metro/Train (FGC/RENFE)
- The Barcelona Metro connects directly to Fira Gran Via through the Ferrocarriles de la Generalitat (FGC). Riders should take the Metro to Plaça Espanya (Red Line, L1) or (Green Line, L3). At Plaça Espanya, follow the signs for Mobile World Congress, and transfer to the FGC train.
- The nearest stop to Fira Gran Via is the ‘Europa/Fira’ station; all trains departing Plaça Espanya station stop at Europa/Fira. Europa/Fira is the third stop from Plaça Espanya, and the journey takes seven minutes.
- A city bus called the H12 bus is highly recommended. See all of the stops of the H12 Bus here. Your hotel might be close to one of these stops and will bring you straight to the South Entrance.
- The #79 metropolitan bus links Fira Gran Via to Fira Montjuïc (begins on Paralel and finishes in Hospitalet Centre). There are 10 stops between Paralel/Lleida street and Fira Gran Via, and the approximate journey time is 25 minutes. Buses depart every 14-16 minutes. The #79 bus stops on Jose Agustin Goytisolo street in front of the South Entrance of Fira Gran Via.
- For further information visit the TMB website for 3D maps showing the route and the different stops of the #79 and #H12 buses.
FREE Fira Gran Via/Fira Montjuïc Shuttle
We will operate a continuous free shuttle between the two Mobile World Congress venues: Fira Gran Via and Fira Montjuïc.
Monday 2 March to Wednesday 4 March:
- 07:00 – 10:00 (buses run approximately every six minutes)
- 10:00 – 18:00 (buses run approximately every 15 minutes)
- 18:00 – 21:00 (buses run approximately every six minutes)
Thursday 5 March:
- 07:00 – 16:00 (buses run approximately every 12 minutes)
FREE Official Hotel Shuttle Buses
- Official Hotel Shuttle buses are provided for attendees who have booked hotels through our official agency b network and where public transport is not available.
- If your hotel is not easily connected to public transport, these shuttles are the fastest way to arrive at Fira Gran Via.
- The Official Hotel Shuttle bus stop is located outside the North Entrance.
- A list of the hotels served by Official Hotel Shuttle Buses and the timetable for the official routes is now available here.
Other convenient ways to reach Fira Gran Via can be found here.
- There are two taxi ranks at Fira Gran Via. The larger location is located outside Hall 1 at the South Entrance, with an additional location outside of Hall 8 at the North Entrance.
- Both taxi ranks will operate during the following hours: 17:00 to 21:00 – Sunday (South Taxi Rank only), 08:00 to 22:00 – Monday to Wednesday, 08:00 to 18:00 – Thursday.
- When making your way to the venue, notify your driver of your preferred Fira Gran Via entrance.
- Taxis are reasonably priced. Click here for taxi fare information.
- Please be aware that there is a 2.10€ supplement added to your fare when taking a taxi from the Fira Gran Via venue.
- If you require a taxi for persons with reduced mobility, please call +34 934 208 088 to schedule a pick-up.
- Lost an item in a taxi? A Lost & Found service is available by calling +34 902 101 564.
- Download the Official Taxi App for iOS and Android devices. The app allows users to calculate estimated time, distance and fares for taxis in the metropolitan Barcelona area. Click here for more information.
By VIP Car
Attendees utilising VIP cars, limousines and small shuttle vans (nine passengers or less) are able to use our VIP Pick-Up and Drop-Off Point, located on the East end of Hall 3 (on Carrer de la Botànica). The VIP Drop-Off Point is conveniently located near the Ministerial Programme and Conference venues, in Hall 4, and the VIP Networking Lounge between Halls 2 and 3.
The VIP Drop-off Point is intended for VIPs, namely CEOs and C-level attendees, including Ministerial Programme delegates. Attendees with EVP or Exhibitor badges are encouraged to take advantage of the Free Transport Pass given at Badge Collection to use public transportation (Metro and FGC Trains). Or, if attendees wish to hire cars, they should use the Private Shuttle Bus stop located near Hall 1. Attendees driving their own cars should refer to the Car Park section below for parking information.
All attendee vehicles entering the VIP Drop-off Point must display a VIP Access sticker in its windscreen. Additional stickers are no longer available.
The VIP Drop-Off Point is accessed through the underground Car Park E, located near Hall 6 on Carrer de la Botànica. Upon entering Car Park E, drivers dropping off passengers will stay in the left lane; the right lane will take drivers to a holding area where they may wait for their occupants.
Drivers will be allowed to leave the holding area and enter the VIP Pick-up Point at Hall 3 once they have received a call from their party that they are ready for pick up. Drivers will be allowed no more than five minutes loading time in the VIP Pick-Up Area. Passengers are encouraged to communicate with drivers to meet them at one of five specific zones to facilitate faster loading.
The VIP Drop-off Point is intended for VIPs, namely CEOs and C-level attendees, including Ministerial Programme delegates. Attendees with EVP or Exhibitor badges are encouraged to take advantage of the Free Transport Pass given at Badge Collection to use public transportation (Metro and FGC Trains). If attendees wish to hire cars with drivers, they should use the Private Shuttle Bus stop located near Hall 1. Attendees driving their own cars should refer to the Car Park section in the Mobile World Congress website for parking information. Upon parking your vehicle, make your way to the North or South Entrance to access the venue.
Tips for Drivers
Please share the following tips with all drivers:
- Drivers are not required to possess MWC15 badges, but all other occupants in vehicles must possess a badge or be en route to pick up their badges.
- Drivers may only pick up and drop off guests at the Official VIP Drop-Off Point. Passengers will not be allowed to disembark in other areas.
- Guardia Urbana (Traffic Police) will not allow VIP cars to park around Gran Via. VIP Cars must wait in the holding area in Car Park E or at other locations away from the venue.
- Drivers are requested to use these recommended routes to access the VIP area. These routes have been developed with Guardia Urbana to improve mobility around the venue.
- All guests and drivers are required to follow the instructions of MWC staff in the holding area and VIP Drop-off Point. Failure to do so may result in immediate loss of access.
- Please note seatbelt use in rear seats is required in Spain. The police will stop cars and fine passengers not wearing seatbelts.
- Guests using VIP Transportation (limousines, VIP cars and small shuttle vans [maximum nine passengers]) are allowed direct access to the venue, using our VIP Pick-Up & Drop-Off Point on the East end of Hall 3 (on Carrer de la Botànica).
- Access to the VIP Drop-Off Point: VIP cars and limousines booked through our official supplier b network are automatically granted access to this location and have the required sticker applied. Cars booked through other suppliers must apply for access and the required sticker.
- Important note: Please click here for recommended routes to access the VIP area. It is important that drivers follow the recommended routes that have been designated by the Guardia Urbana (Traffic Police) to help with the mobility of the area around the venue.
- This VIP Pick-Up & Drop-Off Point is not a permanent parking zone. Once a drop-off is complete, the driver will be asked to leave, and to return within 10 minutes of the next pick-up. Please note that VIP Cars can wait at a holding area at Motors street. Guardia Urbana will not allow VIP Cars to park around Fira Gran Via or drop off attendees in areas other than the designated VIP Pick-Up & Drop-Off Point.
Guidelines for VIP Car Drivers and Guests
- Pick-up and Drop-off Point for VIP Cars. Drivers may only pick-up and drop-off guests at the Official VIP Pick-up Point. For security reasons, local police will not permit any pick-ups in other areas.
- Access Stickers. Access Stickers will be distributed on site upon request (one or two days prior) and must be clearly displayed in every vehicle’s windscreen in order get access to the VIP Pick-up Point. Forms should be submitted by 16 February 2015 using the link above or via an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. VIP Cars booked through BBP do not require an Access Sticker request.
- Personal Signage. Private banners and signs other than hand-held signs are not allowed in the VIP Pick-Up Point.
- Personal Staff. Some larger groups like to have their own staff available to coordinate their fleet of cars. This staff is allowed to work inside the VIP Pick-Up Point, however, each staff member must be a registered badge holder for 2014. For the security of all guests, only badged staff is allowed in the VIP Pick-Up Point (except for drivers).
- Use of Seat Belts. Seat belt use on rear seats is required in Spain. The police may stop your car and fine the driver if guests in the rear are not wearing seat belts.
- Staff and Instructions. All guests and drivers are required to follow the instructions of staff at this zone. Failure to do so may result in loss of access privileges.
By Private Buses
- Some attendees book private shuttle buses and vans to transport only their group. While not required, we strongly recommend those wishing to book Private Shuttle Buses do so through b network.
- The Private Shuttle Bus Stop will be located in Salvador Espriu street. Please click here to see the recommended routes to take to reach the Private Shuttle Bus Stop.
Guidelines for Private Shuttle Drivers and Guests
- The Private Shuttle Bus stop will be divided into three sub-areas designated by numbers for ease of coordinating pick-ups. Drivers should pull up to an available area and notify their passengers where their bus is waiting.
- Area A is located on Carrer Salvador Espriu between Carrer Ciències and Carrer José Agustin Goytisolo.
- Area B is located on Carrer Salvador Espriu between Carrer Jose Agustin Goytisolo and Carrer de Montserrat Roig.
- Area C is located on Carrer Salvador Espriu between Carrer de Montserrat Roig and Carrer de la Botànica. Important note: This area is designated for recurrent private shuttle buses services from hotels to Gran Via venue. It is important that Private Shuttle buses doing a continuous hotel/venue services stop in this area (Area C) as it takes longer to pick up and drop off attendees. Guardia Urbana will not allow this type of shuttle to stop in area A or B.
- Buses are allowed to wait at the Private Shuttle Bus stop for a maximum of 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, vehicles must relocate to a holding lot at Motors street.
- Buses stopped outside of the designated area will be removed by the local police.
- Please note that Private Shuttle vehicles holding nine passengers or fewer can use the VIP Drop-Off Point rather than the Private Shuttle Bus Stop. See the VIP Car section for details and access requirements.
- Fira Gran Via has more than 4,500 underground parking spaces available. Please click here to see the main entrances.
- Parking is available at a cost of 3 € per hour. Hourly tickets can be purchased from machines in the lot.
- Parking areas have a height restriction of 2.20 meters.
- Exhibitors can book reserved spaces for all four event days through ServiFira prior to the event.
Non-exhibitors can purchase a four-day ticket onsite
Simply take your hourly parking ticket to one of the ServiFira desks in the venue and purchase a four-day ticket. The four-day ticket does not need to be taken to your vehicle immediately; simply show the new pass upon departure.