Find out how homes become smart, city and transport networks will be optimised, healthcare reach extended and the needs of consumers and businesses are met by mobile solutions. The GSMA Connected City is a real city street that explores how intelligent wireless connections are driving innovation in order to deliver economic growth, successful products, customer value and new business opportunities. Experience first-hand cutting-edge connected solutions brought to life by AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, GSMA, KT, Telenor and Vodafone.
GSMA Connected City at Mobile World Congress
The GSMA Connected City will be open in Hall 3, Stands 3B2 and 3C2 from 09:00 to 19:00 Monday – Wednesday and 09:00 to 16:00 Thursday. Come and experience a world where everything intelligently connects!
Connected services on show at the Connected City include:
- The Connected Home – experience how AT&T Digital Life can help people manage their energy consumption and home security.
- Smarter Cities for the Future – see how Deutsche Telekom and IBM are using mobile technology to optimise urban services such as public transport, energy, security and water management.
- Connected Port Solutions – view an intelligent harbour solution that optimises both road and sea traffic control, as well as logistics and terminal operations to make port processes more efficient, together with SAP.
- Aston Martin One-77 – sensors embedded into the cranks and frame of this connected road bike allow it to communicate with its on-board computer and display more than 100 channels of information such as speed, atmospheric pressure and cadence as well as calculated inputs such as rate of climb and rider power.
- Cooltra Connected Electric Scooter – embedded mobile technology lets customers know in real time where and when Cooltra connected scooters are available in and around Barcelona and other major Spanish cities.
- Smart Home & Town – enjoy your connected life with the technologies that will make our lives better, including an edutainment robot, automatic content recognition, smart home phone, controlled motorcycle, eco food bin and cloud CCTV.
- Smart Apps in Your Hands – live smarter with intelligent and unique applications including mobile K-pop music, integrated mobile payment and self-created M-learning.
- Seamless All-IP Networks – experience the advanced All-IP Network through LTE, VoLTE, hotspot roaming and reliable and seamless technologies.
- The Evolution of a Connected Service – learn how taking an end-to-end and holistic approach to deploying connected services will help customers identify critical requirements for their solutions. To demonstrate this Telenor Connexion will be showcasing its innovative connected services in collaboration with Volvo Cars.
Together with its partners Accenture, Digi, Intel and SAP, Vodafone M2M will demonstrate some of its key products and solutions:
- Smart Home – see how M2M technology can provide premium security services, enable remote health monitoring and even open and close doors remotely.
- Smart City – experience how Vodafone’s Energy Data Management (EDM) solution, solar energy production monitoring, remotely controlled street lighting and digital signage are enabling the smart city. Vodafone’s Connected Cabinet solution demonstrates retail display cabinets that report on location, operational status and stock levels in real time.
- Smart Mobility – understand how M2M is transforming the automotive and transportation industries, be it through real-time information systems for public transport, enhanced driver experience with telematics solutions or through usage-based insurance services with Vodafone Vehicle Connect.
Get the latest updates and announcements about the GSMA Connected City by joining our list.