- Start Here
- About MWC
- Sponsor/ Partner
- See & Do
- Industry Segments & Trends
- App Planet
- Global Mobile Awards
- 4 Years From Now
- Don’t Miss
- GSMA Seminars
- Industry News
- Partner Programmes
- Training Programmes
- GSMA Programmes
- Already Registered?
- Mobile Explorers Club
Date: Wednesday, 04 March 2015
Time: 09:30 – 17:30
Location: Hall 8.0, Theatre C
Recommended Audiences: Health & Social Care Providers; Medical Devices; Governmental Health Departments; Mobile Operators; Pharmaceutical, IT, Big Data Companies; Public & Private Insurance; Universities & Research Centers; Patients Organisations
Attendance at Health & Wellness @ Mobile World Congress requires an additional fee. Click here to learn more about registration fees and register for the programme.
2nd Health & Wellness @ Mobile World Congress
The European Connected Health Alliance (ECHAlliance) is the leading membership organisation in Europe bringing together health authorities, health providers, industry and academia to develop and deploy products and services to provide better care and economic opportunities.
View the first Health & Wellness @MWC2014 below:
ECHAlliance will once again lead the Mobile Health vertical programme at Mobile World Congress taking place at Fira Gran Via. The event will create opportunities for meaningful engagement between healthcare and mobile stakeholders in order to identify and remove the obstacles delaying and preventing mobile health deployments.
|09:30||Welcome, introduction• Brian O’Connor, Chair, European Connected Health Alliance – Northern Ireland|
|09:35||Opportunities in China
Moderator: Brian O’Connor, Chair, European Connected Health Alliance –
• Yan Jie GAO, Deputy Director of Health Informatics Leading Group Office at Ministry of Health – China
• Amy Zhou, Chairman, America-China Sports Association, United Nations – China
The opening session of Day 2 will provide an overview of the strategy and opportunities of People’s Republic of China.
|10:05||Connected Health around the World in 60 minutesModerator: Brian O’Connor, Chair, European Connected Health Alliance – Northern Ireland
• Xavier R. Urtubey, MD, MBA, CEO, AccuHealth – Chile
• Yuri Quintana, Ph.D., Director, Global Health Informatics Division of Clinical Informatics HMFP at BIDMC – HARVARD Medical School – USA
• Julien Venne, Strategic Advisor, European Connected Health Alliance – France
• Peter CHAU, CEO, China Connected Health Alliance – China
A round-up of four major markets and healthcare systems in 60 minutes! This session will provide key market insights into USA, China, South America and Europe.
|11:05||Coffee break / Networking / Exhibition|
|11:35||mHealth: impact on behaviours and decisionsModerator: Bleddyn Rees, Head of Healthcare at Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co LLP – UK
• Amy Cueva, Founder & Chief Experience Officer of Mad*Pow – USA
• Kari Kohtamaki, M.Sc., Key Account Manager of VTT Technical Research
Centre of Finland – Finland
• Neil Williams, Head of Alliances and Partnerships of TOTAL MOBILE – UK
The introduction of technologies in health and social care systems has an impact on people (patients and professionals), organization and workflows. Panelists will present their activities & products, demonstrating the potential of mobile technologies to change human behaviours and support decision-making.
|12:20||Keynote – The Digital Revolution in Health – A Telefonica perspective• César Rodríguez Domínguez, Global eHealth Director, TELEFONICA Digital – Spain|
|12:40||Connectivity for Healthcare ChallengesModerator: Joan Cornet, Director mHealth Competence Center at Mobile World Capital Barcelona – Spain
• Tomaz Gornik, Co-founder and CEO of MARAND – Slovenia
• Patrice Cristofini, Sales Director Vertical Healthcare HUAWEI Western Europe – France
• Benjamin Sarda, Director of Product Marketing, ORANGE Healthcare – France
Connectivity is a key element of mobile Health: collecting and sharing data, data analytics and platforms, and has a huge impact on patient management, coordination of care and efficiency. IT companies and Telcos have a major role to play in the connected health environment. The panel will develop their strategy and provide feedback on experiences with the healthcare ecosystem.
|13:25||Boxed Lunch / Networking / Exhibition|
|14:20||Keynote – Wearables Across the Spectrum of Care. From Prevention to Intervention• Rick Valencia, Vice President & General Manager, QUALCOMM Life – USA
While most wearables today are focused on fitness and wellness applications, the biggest impact they can make is with patients with chronic and serious medical conditions who require surveillance and continuous wireless care upon discharge from the hospital. Wearable technology, applications, and connected drug delivery patches for heart failure, hypertension, and lung disease will revolutionize care models, deliver peace of mind for patients and their families, and positively change therapies and outcomes.
|14:40||Integrated care and wellbeingModerator: Julien Venne, Strategic Advisor, European Connected Health
Alliance – France
• Joe Killen, President of TUNSTALLl Televida – Spain
• Oliver Harrison, Senior Vice President, HEALTHWAYS International – UK
• Natale Brunetti, Assistant-Professor, University of Foggia – Italy
The concept of Integrated Care is a real trend in Healthcare plans – but what exactly is it and what does it mean for populations? Panellists will explain this concept based on real implementation of innovative solutions combined to bring a comprehensive service to populations.
|15:25||“Showcasing Innovation”• Frederic Llordachs, Co-founder & Partner, Doctoralia – Spain
• Vincent Lauer, Chief Marketing Officer, Fabulyzer -UK
• Jakob Teilmann, CEO, Mobile Fitness – Denmark
• Johann Huber, CEO, SOMA Analytics – UK
• Erik Søndergaard Poulsen, Biomedical Engineer, Cortrium – Denmark
• Michael Nova, Chief Medical Officer, Pathway Genomics Corporation – USA
|15:55||Coffee break / Networking / Exhibition|
|16:25||Keynote – Wearables and Smart Data, The Missing Link to the Internet of Things• Jorgen Nordin, Head of International Partner & Product Development, JAWBONE – Sweden|
|16:45||Keynote – Wearables: beyond counting steps• Eric White, Business Development Director for ADIDAS Digital Sports – Germany|
|17:05||Conclusions, Announcements & Closing• Brian O’Connor, Chair, European Connected Health Alliance – Northern Ireland|
Times and content are subject to change.
Please click here for further information and register for this programme.