Fira Gran Via is conveniently served by several transportation options. Click the links below for more information on the transportation options available:
- By Hotel Shuttle Buses
- By VIP Car
- By Taxi
- By Metro and FGC train
- By Train
- By Bus
- By Private Shuttle Buses
- By Car
For reference, we have provided maps below to help you identify the streets surrounding the Fira Gran Via venue, and to see where the transport options below can be located in relation to the venue.
- This is the fastest way to arrive at Fira Gran Via
- Official Hotel Shuttle buses are provided for attendees who have booked hotels through the Barcelona Business Pass website and where public transport is not available. Note: shuttles do not run to those hotels which are convenient to public transport
- We recommend you make use of the Official Hotel Shuttle buses if your hotel is not connected with public transport
- The Official Hotel Shuttle bus stop is located at the North Entrance
A list of the hotels served by Official Hotel Shuttle Buses and the timetable for the official routes can be found here.
Guests using VIP Transportation (limousines, VIP cars and small shuttle vans [maximum nine passengers]) are allowed direct access to the venue, using our VIP Pick-Up and Drop-Off Point on the East end of Hall 3 (on Carrer de la Botànica).
Access to the VIP Pick-Up Point:
VIP cars and limousines booked through our official supplier BBP are automatically granted access to this location and have the required sticker applied. Cars booked through other suppliers must apply for access and the required sticker.
Guidelines for VIP Car Drivers and Guests:
- Pick-up and Drop-off Point for VIP Cars. Drivers may only pick-up and drop-off guests at the Official VIP Pick-up Point. For security reasons, local police will not permit any pick-ups in other areas.
- Access Stickers. Access Stickers will be distributed on site upon request (one or two days prior) and must be clearly displayed in every vehicle’s windscreen in order get access to the VIP Pick-up Point. Forms should be submitted by 15 February 2013 using the link above or via an e-mail to [email protected]. VIP Cars booked through BBP do not require an Access Sticker request.
- No Parking. This VIP Pick-up and Drop-off Point is not a permanent parking zone. Once a drop-off is complete, the driver will be asked to leave, and to return within 10 minutes of the next pick-up.
- Driving Routes to the VIP Pick-Up Point. Please click here for recommended routes to access the area
- Personal Signage. Private banners and signs other than hand-held signs are not allowed in the VIP Pick-Up Point.
- Personal Staff. Some larger groups like to have their own staff available to coordinate their fleet of cars. These staff are allowed to work inside the VIP Pick-Up Point, however, each staff member must be a registered badge holder for 2013. For the security of all guests, only badged staff are allowed in the VIP Pick-Up Point (except for drivers).
- Use of Seat Belts. Seat belt use on rear seats is required in Spain. The police may stop your car and fine the driver if guests in the rear are not wearing seat belts.
- Staff and Instructions. All guests and drivers are required to follow the instructions of staff at this zone. Failure to do so may result in loss of access privileges.
- Questions? Please direct all questions directly to BBP using the contact details below:
- There are two taxi ranks at Fira Gran Via. The larger location is located outside Hall 1 at the South Entrance, with an additional location outside of Hall 8 at the North Entrance.
- Both taxi ranks will operate during the following hours:
- 08:00 to 22:00 – Monday to Wednesday
- 08:00 to 20:00 – Thursday
- We recommend you notify your driver of your preferred Fira Gran Via entrance. Click here to determine which entrance best meets your needs.
- Taxis are reasonably priced and easy to find, both near the venue and around town. Click here for taxi fare information.
- Please be aware that there is a 2,10 € supplement when taking a taxi from the Gran Via venue
- If you require a taxi for persons with reduced mobility, please call +34 934 208 088 to schedule a pick-up
- Lost an item in a taxi? A Lost & Found service is available by calling +34 902 101 564
All MWC attendees will receive a free transportation pass which is valid for the four event days (Monday-Thursday). Passes will be distributed when attendees pick up their pass.
The transport pass is valid for unlimited combined journeys using any means of transport within Zone 1 (includes Barcelona city and Fira Gran Via), using Metro, Bus and Train systems.
One Free Public Transport Ticket per attendee. In the event of loss or damage, replacements will not be provided.
The Barcelona Metro does not yet connect directly to Fira Gran Via. Riders should take the Metro to Plaça Espanya (Red Line, L1) or (Green Line, L3). At Plaça Espanya, transfer to the FGC train. The nearest stop to Fira Gran Via is the ’Europa/Fira’ station; all trains stop at this station. Europa/Fira is the third stop from Plaça Espanya, and the journey takes seven minutes.
The Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona has created an app to help you locate the quickest transportation route anywhere in the city of Barcelona. Download the TMB Virtual app here.
Two different train systems serve Barcelona. FGC (Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya) trains link inland towns to Fira Gran Via. RENFE is the commuter rail system of Spain’s major metropolitan areas.
The nearest stop to Fira Gran Via is the ’Europa/Fira’ station. The following FGC lines will lead you to the this stop:
If boarding the FGC at Plaça Espanya, note that all routes which depart the Plaça Espanya FGC station will stop at the Europa/Fira station. The approximate journey time is seven minutes.
More information on FGC trains is available here
Sants Estació is the nearest Renfe station. Upon arrival at Sants Estacio, make your way to Fira Gran Via by taking the Metro line 1 (red) or line 3 (green) to Plaça Espanya station. From there you have the option of taking the FGC train (see directions above).
For further information click here.
The #79 metropolitan bus links Fira Gran Via to Fira Montjuïc (begins on Paralel and finishes in Hospitalet centre). There are 10 stops between Paralel/Lleida street and Fira Gran Via, and the approximate journey time is 25 minutes. Buses depart every 14-16 minutes.
The #79 bus stops on Jose Agustin Goytisolo street in front of the South Entrance of Fira Gran Via.
The new line H12 runs, with a rectilinear layout, all the Gran Via de les Corts Catalans of Barcelona. This line crosses the city from the Forum area to Fira Gran Via going through Passeig de Gracia and Plaza Espanya.
The stop in Fira Gran Via is located in Pl. Europa at 1 minute walking to the South entrance.
For further information visit the TMB website for 3D maps showing the route and the different stops of the #79 and #H12 buses.
Some groups of attendees book shuttle buses and vans to transport only their group. While not required, we strongly recommend those wishing to book Private Shuttle Buses do so through BBP
- The Private Shuttle Bus Stop will be located in Salvador Espriu street.
- The Private Shuttle Bus stop will be divided into three sub-areas designated by numbers for ease of coordinating pick-ups. Drivers should pull up to an available area and notify their passengers where their bus is waiting.
- Area 1 is located on Carrer Salvador Espriu between Carrer Ciencies and Carrer Jose Agustin Goytisolo
- Area 2 is located on Carrer Salvador Espriu between Carrer Jose Agustin Goytisolo and Carrer de Montserrat Roig
- Area 3 is located on Carrer Salvador Espriu between Carrer de Montserrat Roig and Carrer de la Botanica
- Buses are allowed to wait at the Private Shuttle Bus stop for a maximum of 10 minutes
- Buses stopped outside of the designated area will be removed by the local police
- Please note that Private Shuttle vehicles holding nine passengers or fewer can use the VIP Drop-Off Point rather than the Private Shuttle Bus Stop. See the VIP Car section above for details and access requirements.
- Fira Gran Via has more than 4,500 underground parking spaces available. Please click here to see the main entrances.
- Parking is available at a cost of 2.90 € per hour. Hourly tickets can be purchased from machines in the lot.
- Parking areas have a height restriction of 2.20 meters.
- Exhibitors can book reserved spaces for all four event days through ServiFira.
- Non-exhibitors can purchase a four-day ticket onsite. Simply take your hourly parking ticket to one of the ServiFira desks in the venue and purchase a four-day ticket. The four-day ticket does not need to be taken to your vehicle immediately; simply show the new pass upon departure.