Building on its success at MWC 2013, the NFC Experience has been expanded to provide an even greater range of mobile NFC services for attendees with NFC-enabled devices. We invite you to use your NFC handset to take advantage of the different experiences available at the show, including convenient venue access, dining payments and peer-to-peer networking. Be sure to try the latest NFC products and services for a range of sectors including retail, online commerce and transport.
Is your phone NFC-enabled? Bring it to MWC and take part in the NFC Experience
With more NFC services available onsite in 2014, we encourage you to bring an NFC-enabled handset to the event to take advantage of convenient and reliable opportunities offered by the NFC Experience. Already more than 355 million NFC handsets are in use around the world, and with 270 handset types now featuring NFC technology, more attendees than ever will have the opportunity to try a world enabled by NFC. Check the handset list on the GSMA website to see if your handset is NFC enabled. For more information, or to enquire about upgrading to an NFC-enabled handset, contact your local mobile operator.
Convenient and easy access: the NFC Badge
You can again use your NFC-enabled phone to gain access to the Fira Gran Via venue in 2014 without the need to continually show Photo ID in the North and South Entrance points. For the first time in 2014, eligible attendees will also be able to use the NFC Badge for access to the conference facilities in Hall 4.
You can find the NFC Badge inside the GSMA Mobile World Congress app (search your app store for “GSMA”). If this is your first year to use the NFC Badge, you can upload upload a photo when you register for the event or use your LinkedIn profile photo. If you used the NFC Badge last year, you can simply continue to use your validated photo for 2014.
NOTE: The NFC Badge feature is only available for Android 4.0+ and Windows Phone 8 operating systems.
New NFC Features for 2014!
With your NFC-enabled handset, you will be able to take advantage of technology hot spots around the Fire Gran Via venue, including:
- Exchange contact details with new connections using the NFC peer-to-peer Connect feature in the GSMA Mobile App
- Redeem your food purchase coupon via NFC at catering outlets through the Food feature in the GSMA Mobile App
- Discover the latest products and services using NFC technology in the GSMA Connected City in Hall 3
- Tap NFC points for one-tap information across the venue, providing quick and easy access to maps, exhibitor details, agenda information, feedback services and more
- Help choose the next game-changing NFC innovation in the NFC Challenge, in the lead up to MWC14 (more details coming soon)
Look for these icons for NFC services onsite: