Barcelona is a safe city. However, while you are visiting we suggest you take common-sense precautions as you would when visiting any major city:
- Always remove your Congress pass upon leaving the venue
- Do not display large amounts of cash; carry only as much as you need
- Keep your personal belongings with you, both inside and outside the venue
- Be vigilant in crowds, restaurants and on public transportation; watch out for people creating distractions and diversions
- When walking around the city, know how to get to your destination in advance so you appear confident in where you are going
In the event of an incident:
If you are involved in any incident, whether onsite or while in the city:
Reporting incidents helps the city fight petty crime.
Carry Photo Identification
Photo ID checks are performed during the event days each time you enter the venue. Make sure you carry valid Photo ID with you at all times. Identification documents MUST show your name in a Latin alphabet (no Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Arabic characters) and match the name on your pass.
|Accepted forms of Photo ID
|| Not accepted as Photo ID
While you will need a valid form of Photo ID on your person to access the event, we advise where possible to leave at least one other form of Photo ID (i.e. driving licence) and a credit card in the safety deposit box at your hotel. By doing so, you will still have access to money and identification in the event of an emergency.