Women4Tech is a new GSMA programme being introduced at Mobile World Congress 2017. Focused on successfully addressing and reducing the gender gap in the mobile industry, Women4Tech will feature four days of in-depth analysis of the topics shaping gender diversity in the mobile industry. Complement your MWC17 experience by participating in this unique programme – for men and women – to help strengthen the overall mobile ecosystem through increased gender equality.
Registration for Mobile World Congress is now open. Space is limited at many of the Women4Tech events, so please indicate your interest in attending early.
The Women4Tech Summit, with Accenture as Official Sponsor, will be held on Thursday, 2 March. During this one-day summit, attendees will learn best practices for women leadership in the digital age from corporate influencers. The Women4Tech Summit is comprised of four key themes from which leaders in mobile and related industries will engage the audience to inspire action:
- Women Empowering Technology looks at gender equality and career development
- Women Encouraging Technology centres on mentoring and youth education
- Women Transforming Technology focuses on women in communication and vertical sectors
- Women Innovating in Technology examines women as entrepreneurs and innovators.
Senior-level speakers from companies such as Bharti Airtel, Facebook, IFC (Worldbank), SAP, Turner, Google and others, will discuss integrating gender equality into mainstream work environments and share strategic advice on how to empower gender diversity in mobile and related industries.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Bob E. Sell, Group Chief Managing Director for Communication Media and Technology, Accenture
- Harmeen Mehta, Global CIO, Bharti Airtel
- Nicola Mendelsohn, Vice President EMEA, Facebook
- Nathan Ott, CEO, The GC Index Ltd
- Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA
- Laureen Cook, Principal TMT Advisor, IFC (World Bank)
- Renee La Londe, Founder and CEO, iTalent
- Dr. Patricia Fletcher, SAP-SuccessFactors, SAP
- Mary Clark, Chief Marketing Officer, Syniverse
- Jenny Fielding, Managing Director, TechStars New York
- Lauren Hurvitz, Executive Vice President and Global Chief Communications and Corporate Marketing Officer, Turner
- Gary Stewart, Director, Wayra UK
See the full Summit agenda here
The Women4Tech Summit is open to all MWC 2017 registered attendees, of any gender, but space is limited. Please indicate your interest to attend early to ensure your seat at this exciting session. The Women4Tech Summit takes place at Auditorium A, Hall 4, access from CC3, Hall 3.
Speed Coaching & Networking
This brand-new networking event at Mobile World Congress, sponsored by SAP and held on Wednesday, 1 March, gives attendees a fresh perspective on networking by coaching attendees on personal challenges and opportunities to help increase their confidence. Attendees will find innovative and dynamic sessions based on mapping career goals and building bridges in the professional community. As well as, opportunities to increase your professional networks with a robust networking experience.
The Women4Tech Speed Coaching & Networking is open to all MWC 2017 registered attendees, of any gender, but space is limited. We would recommend attendees arrive at the event at 16:45. Please indicate your interest to attend early to ensure your seat at this new, innovative networking session.
MWC Tours for Women4Tech Attendees
MWC Tours are guided by dynamic industry experts who share perspectives from their unique vantage points. You will be led through the mobile ecosystem and introduced to exhibitors while networking with fellow Women4Tech attendees. Join us on our IoT Tour, Emerging Tech tours and the Women4Tech Experience.
Emerging Tech Tour
- Monday, 27 February at 14:00
At Emerging Technology Tour, you will discover which innovations are already being tested in the marketplace and identify user trends and retail preferences. The advances in AI, Bots, Machine Learning VR, AR and Wearables are opening up new opportunities every day.
- Tuesday, 28 February at 14:00
At Consumer IoT Tour, we will take you on a focused experience to interact with some of the leading companies in the IoT space. We will cover the full spectrum from infrastructure to consumer endpoints, so you can explore how IoT fits into your business.
Women4Tech Experience: The Girl’s Lounge Equality Tour
- Wednesday, 1 March at 10:30
Join the Women4Tech Experience, as we take a tour through the mobile ecosystem and showcase the power of diversity in mobile and tech. We will have conversations with some of the largest companies discussing their best practices around gender equality and diversity initiatives. As part of the Women4Tech programme of activities, the tour will be led by our partner, The Girl’s Lounge, and will be a fantastic opportunity to connect with fellow attendees. Please reserve your spot to attend Today!
To join the excitement, email us here
The Global Mobile Awards are the industry’s leading stage for innovation, excellence and achievement and presented at Mobile World Congress. This year, The GSMA Women4Tech – Mobile Industry Leadership Award, sponsored by Syniverse, will be presented to both an individual and organisation, who have demonstrated outstanding contributions to closing the gender gap. The winners, together with the shortlist of nominees will be invited to the Global Mobile Awards presentation at the Women4Tech Summit in Auditorium A, Hall 4, access from CC3, Hall 3. Learn more about the Global Mobile Awards.
2017 Nominee Shortlist:
8b. Women4Tech – Mobile Industry Leadership (Individuals)
- Digital Leadership Institute – Cheryl D. Miller, Founder
- Iridescent – Ms Anar Simpson
- MTN Nigeria Communications Limited – Lynda Saint – Nwafor
8c Women4Tech – Mobile Industry Leadership (Organisation)
- Digital Leadership Institute
- Funkidz for Kidz Go Tech
- SAFARICOM WOMEN IN TECHNOLOGY (WIT)
Mobile World Live TV
Join us on Mobile World Live TV on Tuesday, 28 February at 10:00. We will be streaming a Women4Tech panel discussion on strengthening the workforce through gender diversity.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Louise Easterbrook, CFO, GSMA
- Gary Hefferanan, Senior Managing Director – Communications, Media & Technology For Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America, Accenture
- Allison Kirby, Group President & CEO, Tele2
Women4Tech at 4 Years From Now (4YFN)
Take a meaningful look at gender equality and gender diversity in the global tech start-up community at 4YFN, an event of Mobile World Congress held 27 February – 1 March at Fira Montjuic. Take part in interactive workshops, interesting gender diverse panels, keynotes, or the thrilling Hack_D_Gap Global Challenge, supported by the European Commission DG CONNECT EU Women in Tech, that seeks to equalize a gender balance within the tech industry. Don’t miss this opportunity to address and reduce the gender gap in the growing global tech start-up community at 4YFN. Learn more about 4YFN here.