GSMA Innovation City
Connecting Everyone and Everything to a Better Future
Hall 4 Stand 4A10/ 4A30
With more companies, more space and a more central location GSMA Innovation City at Mobile World Congress 2017 promises to deliver a more diverse showcase of innovative, topical and cutting edge products and services than ever before.
The City was one of the most popular attractions in 2016 welcoming nearly 30,000 visitors and will now take up residence in Hall 4 to accommodate the growth in exhibitors and immersive demonstrations in 2017.
Leading mobile brands AT&T, Cisco Jasper, KT Corporation and Sierra Wireless along with newcomers Huawei and UNLIMIT powered by Reliance will join the GSMA to showcase the latest technology covering topics that include 5G, the Internet of Things (IoT), security and identity.
The GSMA will also highlight its key programmes and initiatives including Connected Living, Managed Services, Mobile Connect, Mobile for Development and Network 2020, as well as its work supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
From protecting the health of our oceans and evolutions in automotive connectivity to bringing mobile technology to underserved populations and transforming safety and security for businesses and consumers – the GSMA Innovation City is the epicentre of everything new for 2017.
Journey into this unique experiential environment and see how the power of mobile is transforming lives across the world.
The GSMA Innovation City will be open to all pass holders Monday to Thursday from 08:30.
*Click on each to learn more about our partners
GSMA Innovation City Partners
AT&T Inc. helps millions around the globe connect with leading entertainment, mobile, high-speed Internet and voice services.
The Power of & is both at the heart of AT&T’s mission and booth, both literally and figuratively.
- As one of the world’s largest providers of pay TV, AT&T is bringing entertainment to Barcelona. See how customers can take their TV with them data free with the DIRECTV Mobile App and DIRECTV NOW.
- See inside our ever-evolving network and our evolution to 5G.
- View live demonstrations on threat management and security, FlexWare and how near real-time information improves your visibility & control across security, networks, applications and platforms.
- Visitors will be able to step inside the Internet of Things (IoT) to experience Smart Cities, connected cars, healthcare applications, and solutions such as fleet and asset management that help large and small companies keep their operations on track.
- Experience connected race cars in 3D augmented reality to see how AT&T helps with ever-improving telemetry and analysis.
- Explore AT&T Digital Life(r), an all-digital, fully integrated smart home security, automation and energy management IoT solution. Users can control their devices through a single platform experience available on web-enabled devices such as smartphones, tablets, PCs and even DIRECTV.
Cisco Jasper is a global leader in Internet of Things (IoT) platform technology, fuelling real business transformation worldwide. For more than a decade, companies of all sizes have used our managed connectivity platform, Control Centre, to automate the secure, reliable delivery of IoT services that deliver enhanced customer experiences and drive revenue.
Visit to the Cisco Jasper booth and walk through an immersive Smart City experience that illustrates how IoT is delivering new services that improve every aspect of our lives. Each demo provides real-life experiences, highlighting that IoT is not just the future – it is real today.
As visitors stroll through a scaled-down re-creation of a Smart City block, they will interact with the following Real IoT services:
- Traffic lights that, as part of IoT-connected Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), dynamically adjust to help reduce traffic and pollution by keeping vehicles moving more smoothly through the city during commute times.
- Smart parking meters that alert drivers when there is a nearby parking space available, reducing congestion by enabling drivers to find parking more efficiently.
- Connected electric vehicle (EV) charging stations that help reduce range anxiety and encourage greater usage of EVs, further reducing pollution in crowded urban areas.
- Health monitoring wearables that give the elderly population in today’s cities more freedom by ensuring that they remain connected to their loved ones, caregivers and healthcare providers.
- Smart retail solutions that provide your local Mom & Pop shops with reliable point-of-sales solutions as well as innovative marketing tools that help them stay competitive.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider.
We will showcase innovative explorations in mobile with our vertical industry partners reflecting the 4 research areas of Huawei X Labs in 2017:
- Connected Drones: Experience how mobile broadband enables drone tracking in public safety, precise positioning in metropolitan, charging battery anywhere.
- Cloud VR/AR: Try out the future of gaming with virtual reality and motion capture, and experience live broadcast of 8K VR video onsite, which demonstrate how the network meets the data surged.
- Connected Vehicles: Experience how 5G networks manage connected cars.
- Wireless Robotics: See how robotics can perform manual tasks via the mobile network.
X Labs welcome more vertical industry partners join us to explore more X elements in MBB, let’s build a better connected world together!
KT are pioneers in the development of 5G technology and 5G related services. As a leader of global ICT business, KT is ready to demonstrate its ICT capability as a ‘Global 5G Leader’ at MWC 2017.
Visit our booth and experience our innovative 5G technologies and 5G infrastructure.
Also explore through our world first trendy 5G based services.
Sierra Wireless is building the Internet of Things with intelligent wireless solutions that empower organizations to innovate in the connected world. The Start with Sierra Experience will feature:
- A chance to find out what it feels like to drive at the speed of sound
- The opportunity to pilot a drone around Barcelona with our exclusive simulators that highlight hazards on land and in the sky to enable safe flight on a broad scale
- A live-network demonstration of how next-generation LTE-M technology improves cellular coverage for smart water applications
Unlimit, powered by Reliance, enables Indian and foreign companies to set up and grow their IoT business by getting to market faster, scaling quickly with high service reliability at low ownership costs. Unlimit has the following characteristics:
- The first independent IoT business unit launched in India by a telecom company
- The gateway to India for IoT for all global companies looking to access the Indian market
- An exclusive partnership with Cisco Jasper for their world class IoT connectivity platform
- Leverages Reliance Communications’ best LTE coverage in India
Visit us to experience:
- Unlimit’s new application enablement platform where developers and customers can easily connect, manage and extend IoT deployments
- Unlimit Control, the first Indian cloud based platform which enables you to launch, manage and monetize IoT/M2M services for connected devices
GSMA Programmes and Initiatives
Explore innovative solutions that demonstrate why mobile solutions are crucial for the successful scaling of the IoT, including:
- Internet of the Seas – Connected Seals – Monitoring the well-being of marine mammals
- Mobile IoT Showcase – Using new Mobile IoT technologies to build innovative solutions
- The Future of Smart Cities – New innovations that make our cities smarter
- Big Data – How Big Data is protecting the environment we live in
Explore the GSMA Innovation City to see how Mobile Connect is rapidly becoming the identity solution of choice for a new generation who demand security, privacy and convenience.
Visitors will have the opportunity to experience demonstrations of Mobile Connect in a range of scenarios including:
- Live services of Mobile Connect across Asia, Latin America, North America and Europe illustrating how the solution now allows consumers to access online services or authorise transactions.
- Future scenarios where Mobile Connect could impact the daily life of consumers, combining the intrinsic convenience of the mobile phone and next-generation technologies. Examples of these future use cases include: verification when using a vending machine, use of face recognition for hotel check-in and unlocking a personal vehicle.
Visit Network 2020 to explore innovative demonstrations featuring Advanced Messaging and 5G inviting visitors to:
- Experience Advanced Messaging the future of Operator Messaging and chatbots with Vodafone, DT, Google, Virgin, Walgreen and more.
- Find out how 4G connected street furniture is set to transform city life.
- See 5G on the road with Surrey University & Jaguar Land Rover and meet the UK’s leading 5G researchers at King’s College showcasing 5G for vertical industries and gaming with Rooplay.
Membership of the GSMA empowers you and your organisation to get to the heart of the issues facing the mobile industry and to connect with other members whose interests coincide with your own.
Come and talk with the GSMA Membership team about joining the GSMA to make a real difference, not just to your business, but to your industry and to society. Book an appointment now with one of the team or join us at Membership brunch sessions on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 11am – 12:30pm in the Members Lounge – click here to register your interest.
Join Mobile for Development at Innovation City to experience innovative mobile technologies that are transforming the lives of rural communities. The Mobile for Development Rural Village will allow you to interact with a range of mobile products and services, offering innovative solutions to everyday challenges, from weather forecasting and smart irrigation to solar energy, cooking gas, mobile health and mobile money, featuring:
- Ooredoo’s Site Pyo, which provides daily localised weather forecasts and alerts, agriculture practices guides and market information that help farmers improve their yields and income.
- Ossian Agro Automation’s Nano Ganesh, with 60,000 units installed in India, allow farmers to control and monitor water pumps by accessing them through a mobile phone.
- M-KOPA is connecting off-grid households to pay-as-you-go solar-powered lighting, phone charging, radio and TV. They’re harnessing M2M technology and mobile money for improvements in wealth and wellbeing.
- KopaGas’s metering technology in Tanzania allows customers to pre-pay for small amounts of LPG gas for cooking, using mobile payments that address affordability.
- HNI’s 3-2-1 service provides access to a range of information, including maternal health tips and nutritional recipes in local languages.
- GSMA Mobile Money APIs connect the mobile industry across Agriculture, Utilities, Commerce and Payments in emerging markets.
Visit Industry Purpose to learn how the mobile industry is supporting the Sustainable Development Goals through our interactive globe & our SDGs in Action app and play its augmented reality game to win prizes!
Attendees can visit us to find out more about Industry Purpose’s Sustainable Development Goals activities and our clear commitment to supporting the SDGs. As the first industry association to align itself to the SDGs; we are stating a clear intention to contribute to and advance the societies in which we operate. Industry Purpose works closely with the world’s mobile operators unified behind one common industry purpose: Connecting everyone and everything to a better future to achieve the Goals and complete the world’s to-do list.
As the body responsible for issuing IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identifiers) and TAC (Type Allocation Code) for mobile devices globally, the GSMA is the source of authoritative and complete IMEI data.
The 3GPP standards require device brand owners worldwide to register for TAC/IMEIs for all new mobile devices through the GSMA IMEI portal.
This data then enables GSMA to deliver IMEI data derived products to governments, organizations and individuals to provide services which identify mobile devices and their associated attributes for the common good.
At the IMEI Checkpoint in the GSMA Innovation City you can pick up your personal GSMA IMEI card so if your device was every lost or stolen, you can ask for it to be blocked on participating operators networks around the world.
You can also find out more about:
GSMA Device Check
GSMA Device Database
GSMA Device Map