Get to Fira Gran Via
Mobile World Congress 2017 will once again take place at Fira Gran Via, a cutting-edge exhibition and conference facility located in the easily accessible L’Hospitalet de Llobregat area, 10 km from the Barcelona airport.
We hope journey is as convenient as possible, for this reason we recommend that you familiarise with the venue and the different transport options to save travel time. Depending on the location of your stand, one entrance could be more convenient than the other, please that transport option accordingly:
- Access through the South Entrance if you are going to Hall 1, 2 and 3
- Access through the North Entrance if you are going to Hall 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
Free Shuttle Services
- Fira Gran Via/Fira Montjuïc Shuttle. A free shuttle operates continuously between the two Mobile World Congress venues, Fira Gran Via and Fira Montjuïc, during event days. The Fira Gran Via shuttle stop is located at the North Entrance, and the shuttle stop at Fira Montjuïc is on Reina Maria de Cristina, located outside of Hall 8.
- Official Hotel Shuttle Buses. The GSMA offers complimentary Hotel Shuttle Buses during event days, serving hotels where public transport is not available. Hotel Shuttle Bus stop is located outside the North Entrance at Fira Gran Via. A listing of hotels served by these shuttles can be found here.
Mass Transit Options
- Metro Line 9: Metro L9 is now fully operational and connects the Barcelona Airport to the city, with a stop directly underneath Fira Gran Via. Metro L9 intersects with other Metro lines at Zona Universitaria, Collbanc and Torrassa stations, please see map. It will be the most convenient way for many attendees to reach and leave the venue.
- FGC Train. Board any FGC train at Plaça Espanya Metro station and disembark at the third stop, Europa/Fira. The train journey takes seven minutes, and Fira Gran Via is a five minute walk from the station. About FGC Trains
- RENFE Train. Upon arrival at Sants Estació station, take Metro line 5 (blue) to Collblanc or line 3 (green) to Zona Universitària Transfer to metro L9 in Collblanc and Zona Universitàriaand disembark at the Fira metro Station, Fira.
Remember you can benefit from a 35% discount for MWC 17 when travelling by train with origin/destination in Barcelona. See more information here.
- Regional Renfe Trains. Catalan Regional Trains operating from other regions within the Catalan territorycan also benefit from the 35% discount when travelling from any of the below areas. Click here for more information
- Barcelona Area train service
- Camp de Tarragona train service
- Girona Area train service
- Other Catalan Areas train service
Upon Badge Collection, MWC attendees will be given a transport pass providing free, unlimited Metro and FGC Train rides during event days.
One Free Public Transport Pass per attendee. In the event of loss or damage, replacements will not be provided.
Alternative transport pass distribution locations:
- Registration Areas:
- Airport Terminal 1 & Terminal 2
- Satellit Points: Sants Estacio, Passeig de Gràcia
- South Registration in Gran Via
- Hall 8 Registration in Gran Via
- Monday to Thursday – at the Transport Collection Point in the South Entrance
- For any questions regarding the Free Transport Pass please visit the Transport Information Points in the South & North Entrances of Fira Gran Via. The desk will be staffed the following hours:
- 09:00 to 20:00 – Monday to Wednesday
- 09:00 to 16:00 – Thursday
Two taxi ranks are available at Fira Gran Via, located at the North and South Entrances. Taxis are available over the weekend prior to the event and will be fully staffed during event days.
- Reduced Mobility Taxis: Call +34 934 208 088
- Lost Items in a Taxi? Call +34 934 208 088
- Download the Official Taxi App for iOS and Android devices
Private Shuttle Buses
Some groups of attendees book shuttle buses and vans to transport their group. While not required, we strongly recommend those wishing to book Private Shuttle Buses do so through b network.
Guests utilising VIP cars and limousines are able to use our VIP Pick-Up and Drop-Off Point, located on the East end of Hall 3 (on Carrer de la Botànica). The VIP Drop-Off area is conveniently located near the Ministerial Programme and Conference venues, in Hall 4, and the VIP Networking Lounge between Halls 2 and 3.
The VIP Drop-off Point is intended for VIPs, namely CEOs and C-level attendees, including ministerial programme delegates. Attendees with EVP or Exhibitor badges using private transportation are encouraged to use the Private Shuttle Bus stop, located next to Hall 1.
The VIP Drop-Off Point is accessed through the underground Car Park E, located near Hall 6 on Carrer de la Botànica.Upon entering, drivers dropping off passengers will stay in the left lane; the right lane will take drivers to a holding area where they may wait for their occupants.
Drivers will not be allowed to enter the VIP Pick-up area at Hall 3 until they have received a call from their party that they are ready for pick up. Drivers will be allowed no more than five minutes loading time in the VIP Pick-Up Area. Passengers are encouraged to communicate with drivers to meet them at one of three specific zones to facilitate fast loading.
Tips for Drivers
Please share the following tips with all drivers:
- Drivers are not required to possess MWC16 badges, but all other occupants in vehicles must possess a badge or be en route to pick up their badges.
- Drivers may only pick-up and drop-off guests at the Official VIP Drop-Off Point. Passengers will not be allowed to disembark in other areas.
- Guardia Urbana (Traffic Police) will not allow VIP cars to park around Gran Via. VIP Cars must wait in the holding area in Car Park E or at other locations away from the venue.
- Drivers are requested to use these recommended routes to access the VIP area. These routes have been developed with Guardia Urbana to improve mobility around the venue.
- All guests and drivers are required to follow the instructions of MWC staff in the holding area and VIP Drop-off Point. Failure to do so may result in immediate loss of access.
- Please note seatbelt use in rear seats is required in Spain. The police will stop cars and fine the driver if guests in the rear are not wearing seatbelts.
A summary of all the above transport options can be found at the following podcast and video
MWC My Event App
Check out the Mobile World Congress app transport section to get all the latest information about transport. It provides you with the best time to leave the venue and avoid rush hour traffic by checking the wait times of each transport option…