Carry Photo Identification
Photo ID checks are performed during the event days each time you enter the venue. Make sure you carry valid photo ID with you at all times. Identification documents MUST show your name in a Latin alphabet (no Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Arabic characters) and match the name your pass.
If you are using your Digital Badge there is no need to produce ID once you have uploaded and had your photo validated at badge collection. If your photo was validated at Mobile World Congress 2015, it may be reused without having to revalidate, unless you change the photo.
Accepted Forms of Photo ID:
- European Union national identity card
NOTE: Driver’s licenses are no longer valid ID for badge collection. Without proper ID, your badge will not be issued.
Barcelona is a safe city. However, while you are here we suggest you take the common sense precautions as you would when visiting any major city:
- Always remove your Congress pass upon leaving the venue
- Do not display large amounts of cash; carry only as much as you need
- Keep your personal belongings with you, both inside and outside the venue
- Be vigilant in crowds, restaurants and on public transportation; watch out for people creating distractions and diversions
- When walking around the city, know how to get to your destination in advance so you appear confident in where you are going
In the Event of an Incident
If you are involved in any incident, whether onsite or while in the city:
- Call +34 900 77 2016, a free 24-hour Security Service telephone number for assistance and information during the event days. This service covers the entire city of Barcelona (not just the event venue). The number appears on the back of your pass
- For your convenience we have teams on motorcycles available to travel to wherever you are and offer personal assistance by accompanying you to the nearest police station with completing any paperwork needed to report an incident, replacing your documentation and cancelling your credit cards
- Visit the Police station inside the venue. Here you may seek help, report incidents and retrieve lost items. The Police Station is located at the South Entrance
- Reporting incidents helps the city fight petty crime